This is one of my favourite cookie recipes – it’s quick and easy and so delicious! They are full of healthy ingredients, however keep in mind that they are quite sweet so don’t eat them all at once!
I like to change up the recipe every time I make these – the ones in the photo below have hemp hearts and chia seeds in them – turned out to be a great addition! Play around with them and leave a comment below if you make them with any other modifications and let me know how they turn out!
This recipe was shared on What’d You Do This Weekend, Motivation Monday, Homemade Mondays, Mouthwatering Monday, Inspire Me Monday, Healthy Tuesday, Tutorial Tuesday, Tuesdays Table, Tickle My Tastebuds Tuesday, Gluten Free & DIY Tuesday, Real Food Wednesday, The Mommy Club, Wonderful Wednesday, Full Plate Thursday, The Homeacre Hop, Fabulously Frugal Thursday, Natural Family Friday, Fight Back Friday, Unprocessed Fridays, Frugal Friday, Friday Foodie, Real Food Friday and Five Friday Finds
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup nut butter (any combination of your favourite kinds)
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup or more chopped crispy almonds (and/or other nuts), pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup or more chopped prunes, raisins, dates and dried apricots (or other dried fruit you like)
- Turn your oven on to 360 degrees.
- Put the butter, nut butter, honey and maple syrup in a small bowl and put in the oven until everything is melted (this can be done while the oven is coming up to temperature)
- Once the butter mixture is melted, mix in the coconut flour and whisk until combined.
- In a medium sized bowl mix up the nuts, coconut and dried fruit.
- Pour the butter/sugar/flour mixture over the nuts and fruit - mix well.
- Roll mixture into small balls (you may want to put the batter in the fridge for a few minutes if it seems too runny to form into balls right away), or drop by spoonful onto a greased cookie sheet (a silicon baking mat on a cookie sheet works great for these!).
- Place them in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until they start to turn golden.